January 9, 2012 Trustees’ Meeting
Epsom Public Library
January 9, 2012
Attendees: Valerie Long, Dianne Bird, Robert Paine, Leigh English, Nancy Claris
1. Treasurer’s Report – The Treasurer’s Report for period endingDecember 31, 2011 was reviewed. A motion by D. Bird to accept the report as amended, seconded by R. Paine, passed unanimously. The item to be amended was to move the amount paid for the panic alarm from Building Maintenance to Fixtures/Equipment. It was also noted that salaries were over by $93.69; these will be paid to the Town this week.
2. 2012 Budget – The Trustees discussed the Budget Committee’s decision to reduce the town employees’ COLA from 2.5% to 1.5%. R. Paine’s motion to reduce the library employees’ COLA from 2.5% to 1.5%, seconded by D. Bird, passed unanimously.
3. Request from Epsom Historic Meetinghouse Committee – Richard Frambach attended to follow up on his letter requesting the Committee be allowed to place a spotlight on the light pole at the end of the driveway that would shine on the front of the building. He confirmed that the Committee would accept all responsibility for mounting the light, changing bulbs, and performing any necessary maintenance. R. Paine’s motion to allow the spotlight to be placed on the light pole, seconded by D. Bird, passed unanimously.
4. Secretary’s Report – The minutes fromDecember 12, 2011 were reviewed. A motion by R. Paine to accept the minutes as presented, seconded by D. Bird, passed unanimously.
5. Communication – There were no items to review.
6. Review Policy Manual – Deferred to special meeting scheduled for Monday, January 23 at5:30. Nancy will get the Non smoking from town’s employee handbook.
7. Library Director and Staff Evaluations – Performance evaluations for the Library Director and staff were signed.
8. Trustees Calendar – The calendar was reviewed.
The meeting adjourned at 7:25 p.m. Our next meeting will be held on Monday, January 23 at5:30 p.m.
These minutes are considered DRAFT until approved at the next regularly scheduled Board of Trustees meeting.