Congregational Church Lecturn
This bible, which was presented in 1904 to the Library, was printed in 1796 and used at the old Epsom Meetinghouse located on Center Hill.
This bible was most likely used from about 1796 through 1825 by the second and third Congregational Town Ministers Ebenezer Hazeltine and Jonathan Curtis. It may have even been used past that time, up to the time the Congregationalists built their first official church in 1845.
Click on the images below to view a full-sized version of the pictures. The pictures will open in another window.