In 1891, the New Hampshire Legislature voted to donate 100 books to any town that established a library. Two years later the voters of Epsom accepted the books and appropriated $25 to set up its first library in the Warren Store. Seven years later, construction began on the first library building situated on a donated tract of land. It was dedicated on August 22, 1902. There were 815 residents of Epsom at that time and the library owned 304 books. The total cost of this facility was $942.26. In recent years, the original building was declared a historical landmark in Epsom, New Hampshire and currently houses the Epsom Historical Society.
In 2007, the Epsom Public Library moved to a new location and building. The collection currently contains over 20,000 items. There are approximately 4,600 residents in town and over 2,000 library patrons. In the last several years, the Library usage has increased dramatically and is expected to rise significantly as the town continues to grow.
The Library Team